Wednesday 8 February 2023

1st to 7th Feb, 2023 Erica & Terry’s place, Bundaberg, Qld

Dark clouds building today so it is a bit cooler. A couple of flowers came out on one of Erica’s desert roses so I took a photo to show her I haven’t killed them!

The coolness has gone with a few days of hot, sticky weather and then a couple of storms to just make it stickier.

One of Mum’s friends from her nursing days is still living here so I gave her a ring. She lost her darling Ben (he had the most beautiful singing voice and was so funny and cuddly) 18 years ago. She remarried 4 years ago to Kevin Toft. His father was the inventor of Toft Cane Harvesters. He showed me the first one. We had a wonderful afternoon chatting.

One of Erica’s brothers, Gordon, daughter visited - Roz. So nice to meet her as we are friends on Facebook so nice to be able to meet in person. David and Amanda were up too so we all had a great morning chatting.

Took Erica out to the pokies again with Terry. Had a good time with a few wins so she was happy with the result.

Valerie sent a text on the 30th to say that Kirsten and Simon had had a little girl, Rachel. They posted up a photo of her and them as they are in Perth now for a few weeks. Hopefully I will be able to have a cuddle when I get back to WA.

Nice photo of me with Erica and Terry.

Erica’s niece Roz arrived for another visit. We had brought the Miller Meyer descendant book for her to look at so they had a lovely time looking at the book Erica had made of the family. I took a photo of Roz and Erica with the flowers Roz had brought the other day.

The wind has picked up this afternoon making it a lot cooler which is nice. Lovely chats with Steve each afternoon while Terry and I sit on the patio having drinks - Steve has his afternoon coffee at the same time with the time difference.

Lovely cooler morning - had to pull up my sheet. Nice and breezy for my walk this morning.

Erica and Terry’s friends, Carmel & Merv, Ron & Joan, came to visit so we had a lovely couple of hours chatting.

Back home I started ringing around doctor surgeries and after 9 I managed to get one that will take new patients as Erica’s doctor doesn’t visit aged care homes! Last night in hospital for Erica as she goes to Blue Care Riverlea Aged Care Home tomorrow so receive ongoing care for her cancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment