Tuesday 6 June 2017

Wed, 31st May, 2017 Bush camp, near Meekatharra, WA


Warmer morning as the clouds have come over. 16 degrees which was nice.

Steve and Kev went to work on plumbing the dongas. Ross is making a nice camp area here.

Ross took me to a spot to try my 2300 on. Hard rock ground – luckily he was swinging the pick.

The wind came up at lunch blowing the red dust around so we keep the van closed up. 28 degrees in the van.

Managed to catch up on the sightseeing photos around Leonora. Don’t have great phone signal here but when Ross puts the booster on we can all get on the internet etc.

Wandered over some old scrapes nearby and found a few bits of gold in the windrows. I was picking up lots of gunshot pellets. Linda had found lots too but when she had a look at them back at camp one was gold. I checked my rubbish and found I had tossed one too. Need to look more closely or just put them all in my gold jar till I get back to camp!!

Erica rang from Sapphire. She and Terry are both well and found a few small sapphires. The miners took pity on them and gave them a bag of little ones which was very nice.

The wind stopped and we all enjoyed a beautiful sunset while we chatted around the fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment