Friday 5 August 2022

Thurs, 28th July, 2022 Bush camp at Quondong Beach, Dampier Peninsula, WA

Windy morning again. I worked on my blog while Steve went for a walk.

After lunch Steve took me up the beach to where he had been which should be Quondong Point itself according to my maps. Looking back over the beach area - there is a fire burning in the distance.



A lady near the point said she had seen whiting in the pool around the other side so we climbed up and over.


On the point I scanned around to photograph the view.






Amazing rock formations as we wandered along.



I walked into the water but couldn’t see any whiting. The tide is heading out so the fish must have gone too.


Looking back to the beach then further south to the long sand dune section.


Walked on a bit further on then turned around. It’s amazing how quickly the tide has gone out in the last 15 minutes as where I had walked up to my knees in water is all dry now. You can see where my footprints are.

Walked out onto the rocky point for a selfie.

Back to camp for a cuppa and another lovely afternoon chatting enjoying our spectacular view.

Drinks as the sun set.

Dinner around the fire then we chatted till the chill set in.


No comments:

Post a Comment