Monday 3 April 2023

Sun, 2nd Apr, 2023 Centennial 72hr RV Park, Kalgoorlie, WA (Sharon’s 60th birthday)

Wow, I’m a sexitarian now so Rebecca informed me the other day. Nice cool morning. Jon sent a text early as he would have been heading off to work on the Tanami Track.

Terry had rung using Erica’s phone as it has phone credit but that was weird seeing her name come up like she was calling from Heaven. Will change the contact name to T Geck as Terry has his other phone too. So lovely that he worked his way through my notes to be able to use her phone to ring me.  

Steve had the TV on and the Supercars last race came on so we got to watch it.  Had a lovely morning with lots of lovely phone calls and messages from family and friends. 

Packed up and headed off to the Super Pit to see what has changed since our last visit a few years ago (April 2016) as we didn’t call in on our way through last year. New signs to read.















Drove through Williamstown on the other side of Mt Charlotte that Gav said the company has bought a lot of the homes and had them demolished so they can do more underground mining there. Not the best homes here but obviously ‘historical’ but then Kalgoorlie has a lot of these.

Lunch at a cafe then out to the Two Up School north of Kalgoorlie. It was a bit confusing to start with as everyone seemed to be betting with others but we asked a chap and he explained a few things so we got the hang of it. No betting for us though as it was $50 a bet. We were explaining it to another couple and he said he might bet though his wife wasn’t so keen. I said ok you give me your imaginary $50 for heads and I will cover it for tails. The person flipped the coins and it came up tails so I said you just lost your $50 and I made $50. His wife won - no betting for them. Took a quick photo as I wasn’t sure if it was allowed but I saw another lady take photos with her camera so I snapped off this one. 

Back to Gavin & Tonia’s for a cuppa and catch up. Saw Mia’s photos from last night - she looked stunning.

Back to another spot at the RV stop for the night.

Steve cooked Spag Bol and I opened my bottle of bubbly. Steve cooked the dinner well and the bubbly was delicious. Played a game of cards then finished off the birthday dinner with ice cream.

Warmer night so we opened up the camper.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment