Tuesday 1 August 2017

Mon, 31st July, 2017 Bush camp, near Meekatharra, WA


The thermometer has a flat battery so no temperature for today but it is cold enough for the heater!! Clear sky again – can handle anything as long as the sun is shining.

Steve headed over to the camp to help Kev and Ross with the next batch of concrete for the other half of the slab. I followed and took a few photos.


They are even going to pour ramps across to the dongas.

Cute little Abra.


10am and the wind is back – strong and gusty. I finished off detecting my new area – still lots of rubbish.

More photos after the concrete was poured. Lara thinks she is in heaven having a concrete floor but will be totally excited when the west wall goes up to stop this wind from howling through.




My Anzac cookies are very popular.


I worked on my blog for a while.

After lunch the wind got stronger so we decided to roll in the awning. Allows the sun to shine in the van so the van is a lot warmer which is good.

Rang Lou to see if he is keeping his site for Bathurst but he has let it go. We thought we might go again next year on our way back as the new generation cars will be ready, turbo V6s instead of the V8s.

I read some more of the book Linda left me – very good one, Bryce Courtney’s “The Persimmon Tree”.

Rang Mum to see how she went at the doctors – all good but she now has a funny arm. Maybe a pinched nerve or something.

She said my second cousin Linda had run to say her Mum had had a big stroke. So sad for all the family and Jim. Sent off some texts to them.

Steve and I went for a drive to collect firewood.

Wind is still howling so changed our dinner plans to leftovers as it is too windy for the bushcooker.

Had a drink with Tom, Sandy and Kev then into the van for dinner and a movie as the wind howled outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment