Friday 1 December 2017

Thurs, 30th Nov, 2017 Bob & Margaret’s, near Mandurah, WA (coast walk & dolphins)


7.30am 21 degrees, clear sky.

$90000 for the Cash Cow Competition so I am using up a lot of my excess phone credit to enter the competition. They rang someone in Cairns – but it wasn’t me (I put Mum’s address in case the Cash Cow comes with flowers and chocolates). No one answered in time so it will jackpot to $100,000 tomorrow.  I go to bed with the phone beside me because if they call it will be at 4.30 in the morning but I would wake in an instant for $100,000!!

Headed off for our walk. This time we headed north along the path down to the car park of Florida Beach.


The path stays up high on the dunes.

Past the Golf Course – didn’t find any stray balls.

We are heading to the Cut – an entrance into the Peel Inlet.

At the Cut looking to the Indian Ocean then back towards the Peel Inlet. This area is called Port Bouvard.


Walked to the end of the groin - looking northwards towards Mandurah.

Climbed up on the rocks to look back to Florida Beach.

Steve spotted a pod of dolphins having a feed. There was a baby who was having fun leaping through the waves. They would catch a big wave into the rocks and then turn quickly and leap back over the wave before hitting the rocks. Too hard to capture on film but managed a couple of shots. We stood for a while watching them frolic – don’t need to pay for a dolphin tour.




This was the best as I got of them surfing - got the little one but missed the big one who is the splash in front.


Headed back along the path. Took this shot for Jon – he will have to travel Australia trying out all the golf courses – doing the Nullarbor one is a must too.

Only spotted this one Bob-tailed skink. There were signs to be aware of snakes but luckily we didn’t meet any.

Back to the van for a very late cuppa. Steve kept on with his little jobs and I went back to my trip planning. Rang Rebecca to chat about their recent Cape York trip to help me plan ours. Had a lovely long chat.


Joined Bob & Margaret for drinks inside out of the cold wind. Another cool night, 23 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment