Saturday 23 March 2024

Mon, 11th Mar, 2024 Jon & Annalise’s place, Cairns, Qld (Beau Stephen Geck)

Jon sent text at 5.15am - they were heading into the hospital as Annalise’s contractions were every 3 minutes so things are happening.

I fed the dogs and did some cross-stitch. Lynda texted from work - no news. I hope nothing has gone wrong or maybe nothing was happening. I decided to vacuum the floor then sent off a text to Jon just after 9am.

Half hour later I got a text - ‘We have a big healthy boy, Annalise was so amazing.’

Wow so they must have been very busy, hence no updates. So excited for them. I told the dogs - they were excited, haha and sent off a photo to Jon & Annalise.

Annalise messaged ‘Your grandson wants to meet you’, so I headed into the hospital at 10.30am.

First I had to find Stephen with the truck. He was back at Fozzies so I picked him up and we headed in. Beau was so cute and looked just like I remember Jon was when he was born.

The birthing centre is amazing and so was Annalise - 10pm contractions started, 5am things started happening and at 9.38am Beau was born. 3.68kg (8lb 2oz), length 52cm. 

By comparison - Jon was 4.16kg (9lb 3oz), length 49cm (by Caesar).

I had lots of cuddles and we got a few photos. Didn’t take the camera so the phone ones are a bit blurry. Will get some better ones later. Steve had his cuddle - he will now wait till he is bigger he said.




I messaged Dan to give them the news and sent them some photos even though we are just down the hallway. We can go in and see Sophia one at a time with Fran. 

Dan and Fran went in to see Sophia then when he came out I went in. She is so little and so perfect. She certainly just wanted to snuggle up to her Mummy. So happy to meet her in person though no cuddles yet. I went back out so Steve could go in. Will I was away Jon, Annalise & Beau had come out ready to go home. Daniel got to meet his nephew. Steve went in then to meet his granddaughter. We said bye to Fran and Daniel and said to call us if he needs anything. 

Back home with the little family and lots of cuddles with my little darling. He has a good set of lungs and doesn’t like being disturbed.

Annalise posted some photos on our Geck Family Page so I then posted mine on our FB page. Lots of wonderful comments to these photos as well. Everyone is amazed how we got to have two grandchildren delivered within 3 days. Very considerate daughter-in-laws, I say.

Jon rang Grandad - now Great Grandad who was very excited to now have two great grandchildren and one is a boy which is he very happy about. I sent photos off to Pat (next door) to print off for him so he will laminate them and have a wonderful time showing off his little ones. He will be up on 6th of April to see them.

Fed the kookaburras for Annalise - 10 today.

Left the happy but tired family to eat and get some sleep.

Fran and I chatted via text, hope things improve quickly for them both so they can be at home as a famil


No comments:

Post a Comment