Monday 29 September 2014

Tues, 23rd Sept,2014 Sofala

Lovely morning – it is so nice to just relax. Great view from under our awning up the hill. The river view wasn’t as good as there are a lot of fallen trees between us and the river from big floods years ago – lots of firewood though.



Happy Birthday to Brian – sent him a text and we will see him shortly in Bathurst for the V8s.

Got set up for Wash Day. Lovely breeze and the sun is quite hot if you are standing in it so the clothes dried quickly. Love my little machine. Got a system working and the water was from the clear clean creek beside us. I had bought thick washing up gloves in Singleton after working in the water at Uralla looking for gemstones. They have come in handy as the water here is freezing.



Took the aerial off the truck and attached it to the van so we can get phone reception and I can just get my emails downloaded. Will have to do the blog upload when I have better reception.

Steve headed off for more bullet removal etc!!! No gold as yet but found some interesting stones. I worked on my blog – so many photos to sort and read my book. Went for a walk to the other end of our side of the creek that the road went to. So peaceful listening to the birds and frogs. I can really handle this lifestyle.

Emailed Kayleigh as her due date is near – looking forward to hearing the news of their little one.

Collected more firewood – plenty here and now it is happy hour around the fire.

Daniel rang, so nice to hear his voice and all is well. Then I rang Val Russell as we were sitting by the fire sipping port. The phone only works on the aerial but we have a big lead but we have to be outside near the aerial. After tea and as the temperature was dropping to 7 degrees I went outside and stood by the coals and rang Susan, Valerie and Christine as they were cross stitching at Susan’s. Great to catch up and here their news. Congratulations to Lauren and Dean on expecting another little one in March. Will mark it on the calander. Valerie and Russell off on another big trip to South America – have fun. They get back when we head for Tasmania. Will have to watch the “holiday movie” when we come back sometime. That should give Russell enough time to sort out the photos and do the slide show!! While I was in the chatting mood and not quite frozen yet, I rang Suzanne, the soon to be grandmother.


No comments:

Post a Comment