Saturday 15 November 2014

Thurs, 6th Nov, 2014 Melbourne to Slaty Creek Campground, Creswick Regional Park (near Ballarat)


Early rise to get the girls ready to leave by 7.15am to catch their train home to Cairns. Sandra is staying for another week to catch up with her girlfriends here. Pulled back the curtains and 3 hot air balloons were rising in the distance. One looked like the Dodo Bird.




Will have to ring Steve’s dad, Terry, later to wish him a Happy Birthday.

Last breakfast together then a teary farewell. Looking forward to the next time we meet, maybe the Tamworth Country Music Festival and we can all go line dancing.



I went back to my room to finish packing and try to sort through my paperwork and all the photos and writings. It is a great way to relive a holiday by reading it all again.

Went down to the foyer with Sandra to check out. Her friend was picking her up soon so I headed off to Flinders St Station to catch a train to Southern Cross Station. Wavy roofline.




Clicked out on my Myki card and found the Vline desk to top up the card to get to Ballarat. Platform 16 at 12.08. It was the furtherest platform but I had heaps of time.

Saw the rolls of steel again.



All the racegoers were lined up to catch the train to Flemington for Oaks Day.



Only a short way out and the buildings all disappear to open farm land. Not very exciting.




More green pastures further north.



Steve was waiting at the station. Great to see him again, even if he hasn’t got a pocket full of gold!! My Myki didn’t go off when I swiped it so went to office to check. Apparently it wasn’t swiped when I came onto the train – the conductor took it so don’t know what happened. The chap said Merry Christmas as I got the trip for free. Have $13 to spend when I take Steve back into Melbourne soon for a look around.

Lots of old buildings in Ballarat – will want to wander around here next time. Got some groceries – no restaurants tonight!!




Out to Slaty Creek Campground in the Creswick Regional Park to our van.



Steve warned me about the very nasty huge black ants. He was bitten and he was not impressed.



Quiet afternoon by the fire as it is cool already at 6pm. Into the van at 8 to cook dinner as the sun is just going down. Showed Steve some photos and videos of my trip to Melbourne then shower and bed as I am worn out.


No comments:

Post a Comment