Monday 5 October 2015

Fri, 2nd October, 2015 Greens Point, Sofala


Looks like it will be another beautiful day though a bit cooler (9.8 degrees).

Texted Kayleigh to wish her a happy birthday.

Steve went to work on finding out while one side of the van’s brakes stopped working as we came down the range into Sofala – boy could we smell them when we got out of the truck.

I worked on my blog so I can drive up the hill later and upload it as the reception is very poor here.

A lot more vans etc are arriving for the long weekend.

The boys went off to get more firewood as we are both doing camp oven dinners tonight. Then Leanne & I went back through Sofala and up the hill to the cemetery where I can get good internet reception. Uploaded my blog and check my emails and posted some photos on Facebook. Leanne went for a walk through the cemetery finding some tombstones of young children and one with lots of plaques of young men’s names with MCC so we think they were part of a motorcycle club.

Got the fire going early. Leanne was having roast pork and we had chicken drumsticks. Lovely dinner by the fire then reclining back in our chairs to watch the satellites cross the star studded sky. Counted about 8.

The van was still warm from the sunny day but by 10pm I was looking for the heater, but got into bed instead. Watched another good movie.

NO PHOTOS TODAY


No comments:

Post a Comment