Wednesday 4 April 2018

Mon, 2nd Apr, 2018 Malcolm Dam, near Leonora, WA (My birthday)



First birthday text came through at 5.30am – Qlders forget about the time change but that was fine. I was awake waiting for Cash Cow to ring as with daylight saving finishing they would ring at 5.30am now not 4.30am. But unfortunately they didn’t ring!!

Overcast and dreary morning. 7.30am 20.9 degrees and the wind is cold so the van is all closed up.

Got lots of lovely phone calls and texts from family and friends. Luckily Jon rang while I was making breakfast so Steve had to take over!!

9am it started to rain. We had a game of Skipbo – Steve won, not being nice for the birthday girl!!

I made some pikelets and we went into Kev and Linda’s van for morning tea. Doc and Raylene have returned from Laverton so they joined us too.

Mike from Tassie rang to see how we were going as he and Anne are heading over in July to Halls Creek then heading south through WA detecting. What a shame we are heading east.

Had soup and warmed up chicken legs for lunch as it hasn’t warmed up much today - 24 degrees. Played a few more games of Skipbo – Steve won easily, must be old age catching up with my brain!!

Sky cleared so Steve headed off to try and find me a birthday nugget. I stayed in camp to check Facebook etc. Had to unplug the phone to get service on my dongle and when I plugged the phone back in I had lots of missed calls. Rang everyone back. So nice to hear from friends. Unfortunately Steve couldn’t find me a nugget.

Had a nice happy hour around the fire. Linda made me a birthday cupcake and everyone sang happy birthday – very nice.

Wind picked up and was quite chilly – had to put on a jumper. Had been in jeans all day too.

As we turned off the lights for bed we noticed lightning flashing in the south west. Some fabulous strikes seem to hit the area where we can see lights of a mine.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.



No comments:

Post a Comment