Saturday 21 April 2018

Thurs, 19th Apr, 2018 Bush camp, near Minara (between Leonora & Laverton) to Bush camp near Webster’s Find Mine, 34km east of Leonora, WA



7.30am 18 degrees, clear sky and cool breeze. I was woken early to the howl of dingoes/wild dogs as they are now called. Haven’t seen any so which is good.

We packed up and moved down the road a few kms to Webster’s Find Mine pending area where we had found a couple of bits to see if there are any more left. Parked out on the salt & pepper ground rather than trying to hide from the hot sun like last time by parking in the bush.

Went wandering but I gave up early as my arm is nearly over detecting. I need a new harness like Steve’s to take the weight off my shoulders – getting old!!

Steve found two bits right beside each other but nothing else.

The wind has picked up and a few good willy willies whizzed around the van but the rocks are compacted here so now dust comes up, just the grass etc.

Rang Mum and Dad for a chat – all good there. I told her of the family tree chatting I was having with my second cousins and suggested she ring her cousin Jim for a chat about it. She said they had dinner the other night for Katie’s birthday tomorrow and a farewell to Matthew who is moving to Brisbane. They all grow up eventually.

Played a few games of Skipbo – I am getting back a few games after being beaten 5-1 by Steve!!

Had dinner by the fire after the flies went to bed. Beautiful sky again and lots of satellites. We both saw two very long burning ‘stars’ that looked amazing. Made wishes too. More space junk falling down I suppose.



No comments:

Post a Comment