Thursday 11 July 2019

Mon, 1st July, 2019 Bush camp near Upper Mosquito Creek Mining Centre, east of Nullagine, WA



6.30am 9.5 degrees, clear sky and no wind – heater on again.

Steve saw the dingo sniffing around Brian and Kerry’s truck, definitely think someone was feeding him for him to come back again.

Drove back to our spot from yesterday but only Steve scored a little bit.

I drove back to my old spot as Steve was doing a big walk again and would walk over the hill to me. I went further down the slope and got a rock that sung (but I can’t see any gold on it) near a couple of our old rock cairns. Further down I found one of Steve’s smiley faces from this trip and got a signal nearby. It is in white powdery dirt. I got out a little bit then after I had filled in the hole I got a signal right beside it. Dug out another one so I slowly gridded the area and pulled out more little bits.

Steve came back with a specimen too but you could see his gold and a few little bits.

Kerry and Brian came back but no joy for them.

Home for lunch. Steve crushed the quartz specimens to get out the bits of gold.

Bob and Margaret texted they were in Nullagine so we told them we would meet them at the turn off. Brian decided to go with Steve to help him get firewood and to do some track maintenance on the washed out bits. Kerry went back to her patch to clear more rocks and spinifex to see if the patch is bigger.

I got a text from Margaret that they were at the turn off but they couldn’t see Steve. After a while I realised that maybe they were at the wrong spot so sent off texts to see where they were. Luckily they had reception and we worked out they hadn’t come far enough out so I said to keep coming east and I got on the two way to Steve to let him know. He found them along the road and they all arrived back at camp. Unfortunately we noticed that Bob’s van had a bad lean and Steve worked out that he had broken a spring on the van. He had heard a bang as they were coming out. The boys checked it out but it will need a new one so he will just have to limp home.

The wind settled as we gathered around the fire for drinks to celebrate Margaret’s belated birthday. Margaret brought out huge marshmellows and Bob had made wire sticks so we could toast them. Yum Yum. I dished out the NoBake Cheesecake I made for Margaret’s birthday too.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment