Thursday 11 July 2019

Wed, 26th June, 2019 Bush camp near Mosquito Creek, east of Nullagine, WA (Fran’s birthday)



7am 12.5 degrees, clear sky and no wind. Hope Fran has a lovely birthday.

Drove back out to the dry blowing area. Steve went down the creek and got a few bits – one was a 1 gram nugget – yeah. He couldn’t continue down the creek to far as it was full of spinifex.

We drove down the steep hill to the old camp then turned onto an area nearby which had been scraped. I wandered over that while Steve walked back up the creek he had been detecting. Nothing for me so I put the detector in the truck and wandered up the creek looking for Steve. I found a couple of spots where he had been digging then I found him in the creek digging out a bit of gold. He had a few bits so he wanted to dig it out more. We walked back to the truck and drove back up the steep hill – I am slowly getting over my fear after our scare at Desert Queen Baths last year.

We then drove down the creek where he had first been and then he wove his way down to where he was detecting. Had a cuppa then Steve dug out the creek and I used my 2300 to check for more gold. I got a few bits. Steve dug some more and I wandered on the flat area beside the creek and got two bits from the one hole. I turned around and got a loud signal which of course I thought was rubbish but Steve came over and started to dig. Out came a lovely nugget. We were very excited. Then I went a couple more feet and got another loud signal and out came another lovely nugget though this one has a big more quartz in it. I gave this one to Steve as it was his patch – of course we share it all but we keep a tally of his detector versus my detector as a laugh.

Steve cleared all the dead tree branches etc away from the little area we were in and I went over it very carefully but no more gold. Checked his creek diggings but no more there either. Steve put on his big coil to check for deeper gold but no joy there either.

Happy with our few bits we headed back up the creek then drove around to see if Ray and Carol had a good day too. They were busy filling in a big hole – they both had a very good day.

Headed back home through the very bulldusty track – getting worse as the musterers are going back and forward with their trucks.

Had a great time around the fire comparing our nuggets – icecream for us tonight. The gusty wind during the day has settled and it is still quite warm – 30 degrees in the van.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.



No comments:

Post a Comment