Thursday 11 July 2019

Sun, 30th June, 2019 Bush camp near Upper Mosquito Creek Mining Centre, east of Nullagine, WA



6.45am 8.5 degrees, clear sky and no wind – time for the heater again.

Still have phone reception which is great. Only enough I think for text messages but that is fine. Sent the boys a text to let them know we are ok and having fun.

Drove with Kerry and Brian to another spot we had found gold at 3 years ago. Steve and I both got a few bits but Kerry and Brian missed out.

Home for lunch – after all the wind yesterday there is none now. The thermometer on the shady side of the van said 25 degrees but the one on the table in the sun read 38 degrees. Steve pulled out the awning and that temperature quickly dropped to 31.

Kaylene had rung so maybe I can make phone calls. I sent her a text back then the reception disappeared. It went in and out for a bit but I got the text sent. Rebecca’s birthday today – hope she is having a nice day.

Went detecting at another spot where Kerry scored with two bits. I had nothing after a big walk. I had a drink as it is quite warm though there is a light breeze. I walked over to the other side and was heading back when I got a bit next to a quartz blow. A bit further on I got another one but they were the only ones.

I had a cuppa, Steve was still on his ‘big’ walk. I walked over to check on Kerry. Steve appeared on the top of the hill where he got a signal, his first bit and then he got another one. As I walked back to the truck I saw a glint and picked up a bit of gold stuck onto a nice piece of white quartz. I am always looking down hoping to walk over a big nugget – well this will have to do.

Headed back to camp collecting some firewood along the way. Much nicer afternoon with just a light breeze and warmer temperature.

Sat around the fire for a while chatting while our dinner cooked on the fire. Cooling off about 7pm so closed up the van again.


No comments:

Post a Comment