Saturday 19 March 2022

Thurs, 17th March, 2022 Warrego Fossicking Area, near Tennant Creek, NT

6.30am 26 degrees, clear sky. We detected in the cool and were rewarded. Steve got two bits (0.38) and I found a bit bigger one (0.69g) - my little bit last night was 0.05. All up just over 1 gram and we can tick of NT from our gold collection.


10am 37 degrees already. Steve went back out after smoko - too hot for me so I just enjoyed reading my book with the fan on. He is wearing a fly net too as the flies are just too friendly.

It got to 39.3 degrees in the van as dark clouds build in the west then at 2pm we heard thunder rumble.

6pm we went out for a detect again - I found a nice little specimen which we will have to put into acid to see how much gold is in it. Steve found a little bit like my first one.

Steve cooked dinner tonight - steak over the fire and roast vegies in the new camp oven. Delicious. I spotted one satellite before thin clouds covered the stars. We spotted lightning over the hill to the south.

Ice-cream treat tonight since we christened our detectors and found some little bits of NT gold.

 

               

 

No comments:

Post a Comment