Tuesday 9 June 2015

Mon, 8th June, 2015 Railton RV Stop to Horsehead Bend RV Stop, Devonport


15 degrees in the van at 7.30 and Sunrise didn’t ring me with my $30,000!!! Overcast, windy, miserable looking day. Tasmania is crying that we are leaving!!

Started to rain as we packed up. Through Spreyton where I snapped a shot of the Big Apple.

Drove into Forth Recreation Ground where we stayed in March but the nice grass camp area was very wet and soft. Decided not to chew up the grass or get stuck so parked on the bitumen. Made a cuppa while the generator charged up my laptop as I did some more blogging – yes it does take time to do but I like it. Waited for Alan and Diane from Burnie to arrive then we walked over to the Pub for lunch. Unfortunately they don’t do lunch on Mondays!! Drove into Devonport to the other RV spot at Horsehead Bend and unhooked the van. Followed Alan and Diane into town to a nice pub for a delicious lunch. Great to catch up with them again before we leave. They are heading over to Queensland in July so hopefully we will see them on the road again one day.

Saw the train carrying the cement from Railton unloading its cargo at the wharf.


Back to the van and I got to the end of my blog while Steve channel flicked on TV.

The wind is howling around us. We are so glad we are not going on the ship tonight but I am praying that the wind drops a lot by Wednesday night or I will have to take a Kwell too.

Using up our fuel in the generator to keep our batteries charged.

Jon rang for a chat then Erica rang with the date they will be arriving in Cairns when we are up there. Will be so great to see them again too.

Had a wonderful chat with Tracy and Grant – so pleased to hear he is improving and feeling better. Steve’s looking forward to having a beer with him again.






No comments:

Post a Comment