Thursday 10 September 2015

Thurs, 10th September, 2015 Mum & Dad’s, Cairns


Overcast morning with heavy rain clouds. More new dental splint made my front teeth sore so rang Wendy to see if I can see the dentist again. Booked in for 2.15 today.

Drove down to Tuckshop to see Wendy B who had been away and to drop off my uniform shirt. Wendy gave me her mum’s address in Whyalla, Sth Aust, so we can call in and see her and her huge collection of dolls.

The heavens opened and made a mess on the car as the dust turned black so went home and gave it a hose off. White cars are good as you don’t notice the dirt on them.

Mum and I picked up Val and headed off to Cazaly’s for our day out. Not much luck in the morning so had yummy pizza for lunch. Had a nice $10 win straight after lunch then a few more so we were happier now. I left them to carry on while I chatted with the line dancing ladies who were having lunch.

Texted Rebecca to see how Clive was and he is doing well and might come home depending on when they want to do some tests.

Up to the dentist and she adjusted the splint so hopefully that has fixed that. Back to Mum and Val and after another couple of little wins we dropped off Val to her doctor’s surgery. Poor thing has been through so much but she just keeps on going – she is such an inspiration.

Dropped Mum home then headed off to do a couple of things – like book an eye check. Drove into town to see about the Spiegel Zelt show that we missed last night. Wendy and I thought we could go Monday night but it isn’t on then so looks like we might have to skip it.

Texted Rebecca to see if she was still at the hospital with Clive but they had discharged him and was at home. I stopped in and found him weeding – I laughed as that is what he was doing when he fell etc so I gave him a lecture!!! So glad it wasn’t a stroke though they have more tests to do to sort it out but it looks good so far.

Home for Mum’s curried sausages for dinner. Charles had emailed me a photo of Steve resting with Charles’ dog.

Then Steve rang to say he found a few more pieces and that another chap found an ounce or so near them!! Everyone always found the fish the week before we went to places!! Steve will head back tomorrow arvo.

Quiet night watching TV and doing my blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment