Saturday 18 June 2022

Mon, 13th June, 2022 Bush camp at Buttons Crossing by the Ord River, north of Kununurra, WA

6am 14 degrees so stayed in bed and read till 7.15am when it climbed to 16 degrees.

I started writing up my blog while Steve pottered about. He had picked up a new blinker thing for the bull bar so got to work replacing that and making sure everything else on the truck was good.

At lunch it has warmed up to 31 degrees.

Rang Rick for a chat but Kaylene was a work so will have to chat with her another time.

Steve flicked his lure in the rapids but no takers and lost one of his little plastics to a rock. I baked a banana cake with the bananas I had put in the freezer before crossing the border.

Finished my blog then rang Rebecca for a chat.

4.30pm the warmth has disappeared as the sun is about to dip behind the hill.

Lovely dinner by the fire. I checked the clock when we headed inside as it was dark and chilly - didn’t have too much wood - and it was only 6.30pm. The moon is getting fuller.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment