Sunday 12 March 2023

Wed, 8th Mar, 2023 Tom & Sandy’s place, Thornlie, WA

I woke at 4.30am which would be 6.30 in Qld so my body clock will take a few days to adjust back to WA time. Nice cool morning so glad we had the flanny sheets and blanket on - 17 degrees.

Another month has passed since Dad left us. The Public Trustee say that Mum’s estate is nearly sorted and then they just have to get a tax clearance once it gets to Dad then she can do a distribution to us and it will finally be finished.

Pottered about the camper putting my stuff away from the suitcase. The road-side collection must be happening soon as everyone has all kinds of junk piled on the side of the road. 

Steve coloured my hair - yeah! Warming up by lunchtime as the wind has stopped. Clouds are coming over.

Rang Terry for an update - Erica very sleepy but after the nurses changed her she sat up for a while as Rod and Jan were visiting. They invited Terry over for dinner tomorrow night.

I rang Terry later when he saw Erica in the afternoon for a chat but she was tired and confused so I just said to let her know I got to WA ok and we love her.

Grey sky produced a few drops of rain - mostly a fine mist - hot 33 degrees and quite muggy.

Played cards for a while then I uploaded my last week’s blog.

Drinks & nibbles while we read our books. I arranged to visit Kirsten tomorrow morning.

Jon rang - working on the Tanami Track, putting down bores for water for the road construction crew putting bitumen on the track. Glad we did that track (which was a wide dirt road when we did it in 2018) before it got bitumen.

Steve cooked dinner then we played cards again.

Forgot to take a photo of our camp!! But it is the same as last time we were here in Nov so I copied that photo but this time Tom & Sandy aren’t home so we are just using the front lawn!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment