Saturday 18 July 2015

Fri, 17th July, 2015 Butts Reserve Camping Area, Mt Tarrengower, Maldon


The sun peeked out for sunrise then disappeared behind the clouds again. 10.7 degrees in the van and 5.3 degrees outside at 8am. The carpet was nice to step onto this morning.

Steve was going to go detecting but the misty rain started again. After a cuppa he headed up the hill from our camp but found nothing there. The chap yesterday said that it was mainly a blue metal quarry – the gold was on the other side of the mountain!!

After lunch Steve headed off to ‘work’ and I got to ‘work’ on my blog.

I went for a walk then decided to get out the skipping rope again – going to lose some weight before we head home so have cut out the yummies with our cuppas!!

A shower of rain came over just after I got back so put on the heater and got out my book.

Steve came back with a cute little nugget that I reckon looks like a gecko. That is a total of 3 from near the old Gowar School. Yeah.

Janet texted for a gold update – I rang her back and chatted with her and Geoff.

Kate and Tony rang – they have found 10 nuggets given them a total of 1.3 grams. Another couple camped by the river had found a 22 gram and 6 gram piece so there are still bigger ones out there – Go get them Steve!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment