Tuesday 7 July 2015

Sat, 4th July, 2015 ‘Waanyarra’, Dunolly State Forest


8am 8.9 degrees in the van and 5.7 degrees outside. Forecast said it was only going to reach 10 degrees today!!

Rang my fabulous Mum for her birthday. Hope she has a wonderful day. They received the cards I posted to them.

Steve went off detecting towards Tarnagulla and to get some water from the Cricket Reserve.

I worked on my end of year stuff , uploaded my blog etc. On Facebook my friend, Kerri, had a photo of Venus and Jupiter, saying they won’t be this close again till 2023. I had seen them in the sky and knew the bright one was Venus and had noticed the other one seemed to be getting closer to it. Will take a photo tonight.

The van and car insurance is due end of the month with Suncorp. The van has gone up $100. Penny is with Youi so gave them a ring. Not sure if the girl put something in wrong but she came back with a quote for $3176!!! Penny said she only pays $500 so will try again online and see what we get.

At lunch it was 12.7 degrees so not bad except when the biting wind gets you.

Dan sent a photo of them going to see Nana for her birthday so I gave him a ring. So lovely hearing his voice and knowing all is well with my boys. They make me so proud that they are so independent.

Steve, Pete & Penny came back empty-handed except for the ‘clean up Victoria’ bits!!

Got the fire going early for our campoven dinner. Steve has been getting the old tree stumps and they made great coals. Got a photo of Venus & Jupiter and the sunset colour on the jet stream.


At 7pm it was 5.2 degrees, but it was nice around the fire.


Delicious dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment