Tuesday 18 June 2019

Fri, 7th June, 2019 Bush camp south of Eastern Creek, east of Nullagine, WA (Mum & Dad’s 58th Wed Anniv)



Mum and Dad’s 58th wedding anniversary. Luckily I wished them a happy anniversary the other day as we don’t have phone reception here. They were married in Stanthorpe which has just received a coating of snow – Mum said she was glad that didn’t happen when they were there.

6.30am 12 degrees inside so 8 degrees out – so much for warmer in the north. Should get to 23 as the maximum today. The wind is back but from a different direction.

We all went detecting. I got one little bit then a loud signal in a gully nearby under some spinifex. As I dug I tried not to get too excited about finding a good sized nugget but just when I allowed myself to dream out came half a horse-shoe – I could have cried.

Steve and Ray had no success but Carol got a tiny bit like me.

Steve took the truck and rounded up some firewood out of the creek.

Ray and Carol went for a drive around to Mosquito Creek to see their friend Dave. He has a couple of leases nearby but is set up in the ‘caravan park’ near Mosquito Creek so he can get phone reception.

Steve and I played Skipbo then we got the fire going as Ray and Carol came back in time for drinks. The wind has stopped so it was lovely outside.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment