Tuesday 18 June 2019

Tues, 11th June, 2019 Bush camp near Mosquito Creek, east of Nullagine, WA



6.30am 10.5 degrees – definitely heater on!! Overcast with mackerel clouds and no wind.

We went for a drive through this lease looking for places to detect. Checked out some pending leases too on the western edge of the lease. Steve got 1 bit from one and I got 4 specs from another – all too small to even call nuglets!!

The sky has cleared to the west but the mackerel clouds are still in the east and a gusty westerly wind has blown up. Back to camp for a late cuppa.

Steve went for a walk over the burnt flats behind us while I caught up on my blog. Carol has phone service on and off so I plugged my phone in and got reception. Weird how we had it the first hour then nothing – now they have it! At least it is enough to check our phones and we can go over to Dave’s camp and use his Yowie to check emails etc.

Drinks around the fire now the wind has settled. We were just deciding whether to cook steaks on the fire when the wind sprung up again from the south west. It blew so hard like we were about to get hit with a storm but there was nothing. We all quickly headed inside after securing chairs etc. The wind buffeted the van, luckily we had the awning tied down well. I had pulled out the ingredients for Cheat’s Payella to make room in my little freezer so I cooked that up instead. The wind blew for an hour then slowed down. Weird.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment