Tuesday 18 June 2019

Mon, 10th June, 2019 Bush camp near Mosquito Creek, east of Nullagine, WA



7am 12 degrees, clear sky and light breeze. As the van is about 4 degrees warmer than the outside it must have been 8 degrees out there.

We drove out to Millionaires Gully – named because of all the gold found there in the old days. We had found gold here in 2016. I got 1 bit straight away as I went up the side of the creek then I only got little bits of dozer blade!

Steve came back for smoko with a grin – he had 4 bits. I followed him over to an area that had been pushed between granite boulders. I slowly gridded around his holes and got 7 bits – all very small but they are gold. Steve went for a walk and came back empty handed so he continued working near me and got 3 bits.

Headed back to camp for lunch. Stopped at the water tank and filled out buckets from the overflow pipe. With the extra water now I gave my hair a good wash. Luckily my hair only needs a wash once a week. The bore water is a bit salty but nice on my hair.

Gusty breeze now, 25 degrees in the van with a few windows open.

We went back to our spot and found a few more bits and lots of little bits of wire too which might have come off a dry blower.

Joined Ray and Carol by the fire for drinks. Dave joined us too so we had a great time chatting and hearing about all the nuggets found recently. He had dug a 40g nugget out of the creek behind us – as usual we are always here just after the good ones have gone!!

Lovely evening though it is cooling off quickly outside but the fire is nice and warm. Headed inside for dinner and movies about 7.30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment