Friday 28 June 2019

Sun, 16th June, 2019 Bush camp near Mosquito Creek, east of Nullagine, WA (4 years 10 months on the road)



6.30am 12 degrees, clear sky, no wind – heater on. It is so nice to take that nip out of the air for breakfast.

8am the cold wind is back. We went back to where Steve had dug the ‘phantom’ target as he had gotten a few bits of gold 3 years back on the flats nearby. All we got was lead shot.

Went back along the track a bit and followed someone else’s track over to some scrapes that went down into a creek. I wandered down to where the blue schist stuff was and got a signal. Then another and another around the base of some spinifex. I got a few more, all very little but it was gold. Steve came back with one nice bit he got on the other side of the creek.

Steve got the rake and cleared away the spinifex then he helped me dig out more little bits. This is the type of detecting I like, lots of bits to keep me busy – I had the endless walking waiting to get a signal.

Headed back to camp with a grin for lunch. Stopped and got some water on the way.

Still very windy.

We had the feeling there is more to find so we headed back to our spot. Steve put on his little ‘Sadie’ coil and started finding little bits. It is half the size of my detector but no quite as sensitive as the new technology in the 2300. I went over where he had been and still found some little bits.

The wind has settled at last as we chatted around the fire.

Inside of dinner. I leave the phone connected to the aerial just in case a text comes through and it did. One from Kerry and Brian. They are at Port Hedland planning where to go next. I sent them back a text then tried ringing, I could hear Kerry but she couldn’t hear me.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment