Friday 28 June 2019

Thurs, 20th June, 2019 Bush camp near Mosquito Creek, east of Nullagine, WA



7.30am 17 degrees, overcast and no wind. No need for the bedspread last night.

I decided to do some washing as the clouds have moved and the sun is shining now. Carol did the same so Steve went over and fixed her stove as Ray had ordered new parts and they were at the Post Office when we came through Nullagine. Ray gave Steve a bottle of his home-made smoky Bourbon to say thanks.

I worked on my blog while the generator was on for the washing machine. The breeze has picked up so the washing is drying quickly. I went over to Dave’s to try and ring the Mines Dept but I couldn’t get a signal.

After lunch headed back to the main road to get phone signal. Had to go a lot further as the spot we stopped at the other day had no signal. Eventually found a spot and rang the Mines Dept. The lady said she would look at it and ring me back but after half hour she hadn’t rang back so I went online and resubmitted the forms again using my laptop. I changed to the tablet and did the payment section, put in my credit card but it wouldn’t go through – man how frustrating. I tried a couple of times then gave up. Changed back to the phone and I got a text from the Commonwealth Bank saying someone tried to access my Mastercard for $0.00 using international online. Makes me wonder if the Mines Dept payment thing has been hacked. I got back onto the lady and explained what I did. In the end we had to drive the rest of the 70km into Nullagine so I could be on the phone and the internet at the same time. After lots of talking and retrying to do the online thing the lady at the Mines Dept decided I could just email her our permits and put in my credit card and she would do it for me – yeah. I also said how the chap at Marble Bar had taken so long with our permits and that we still haven’t received one. She looked it up and said it had been done but he just didn’t send it to us via email – really, very helpful chap!! Got the email from the other mining company that I asked for permission to detect on some of their leases with the ok. At last something is going our way.

Transferred some money for Fran to get something nice for her birthday on the 26th and sent her a text message in case I can’t get reception on her birthday.

Filled up with fuel and headed back. $1.89 per litre here!!

On the way back we detoured to those leases to check out camp spots as we will move to here when Bob, Margaret and Kerry, Brian arrive. Another late arrival back at camp but this time Ray and Carol knew where we were as they had driven into town for mail and fuel too. As we neared camp about 6pm I saw a flash of lightning then the whole sky lit up. We were expecting a chance of rain tomorrow but nothing about a storm.

We poured a drink and sat by the fire that Ray had got going. More lightning flashed and rumbles of thunder got louder and closer. I could smell rain in the air. Ray and Carol came out of their van to see how we went with getting the forms done. As we were chatting a few drops of rain fell. Then they got heavier and we all had to quickly get inside as the heavens opened. This will certainly settle the dust. After 10 minutes it stopped then 10 minutes later the heavy rain was back. We put a big box to catch the rain water off the awning – filled it up. We won’t be driving anywhere tomorrow. Dave has to head to Newman to pick up his wife tomorrow, that’s if he doesn’t get bogged on the way.

The lightning continued flashing around us and eventually the rain settled when we went to bed.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment