Tuesday 19 August 2014

Mon, 18th Aug, 2014 Mackay to Canoona Goldfield (north of Yaamba)

I woke up looking at the clock above the bed and said we had to get up and get going so we could say goodbye to Dale & Corinne before they went to work. As I was getting my clothes I saw the present I bought for Stephen’s 55th birthday – Oops. Quick happy birthday and into the house I go to find I was an hour early – and Steve didn’t get his morning cuddle!!! I will pay for that later!!! His only comment was “someone needs to go to Specsavers!!”

Anyway he liked his CDs I got for his birthday and the book Brian bought him. The boys gave him a hard drive full of movies.

The sky is a beautiful clear blue after a cool 17 degree night. Morning tea at Clairview. 

Unfortunately the navigator was too relaxed and hadn’t checked where Conoona Goldfield was till we were nearly at Yaamba when we realised it was the monument we passed 16kms back. So after lunch with all the other caravaners in Yaamba we headed back to the Goldfield. After Steve did his “recky” we drove over the railway line and up the dirt track and backed the van up a clearing and settled in. I started writing this blog while Steve went in search of “gold”.



Unfortunately he returned gold less but determined to find some tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment