Sunday 8 July 2018

Sat, 2nd June, 2018 Bush camp, Mt Dockrell goldfields, south-west of Halls Creek, WA



7am 19 degrees, still windy but not as bad as the other days.

Off to the ‘patch’ again while Steve investigated a quartz blow he got a signal in yesterday.

I had another good morning and evening found a little ‘specie’ – ironstone with gold bits in it.

Steve had taken a bucket with the hammer and chisel in it and when I met him on the track he was looking very laden-down. The bottom of the bucket was filled with this silver stuff – hoping it is going to be something good. It is very heavy.


We looked up the Geomap and checked what minerals were found at different spots around here and there is quite a few. Copper, zinc, lead and a few other ones that we will have to find out what the letter stands for. He is hoping it might be platinum – worth more than gold!!

After smoko I worked on my blog – so glad we bought that 12 volt charger for my laptop though it does take a while to charge it back up again after I flatten it. Steve went detecting as he hasn’t found any gold today and he said he felt like a kept man when I showed him my bits. He came back with 2 bits so all good.

30.4 degrees on the thermometer in the truck and it certainly feels hotter when we are standing in the sun.

After lunch I regrided the patch and managed to find one more bit and another bit from the other side of the shale outcrop. 

While we were collecting some firewood I found some interesting rocks with a black mineral – another rock to add to our collection to find out what it is.


Steve put on his big coil and went over the ‘patch’ one more time and was rewarded with two more bits.

The breeze has picked up which will make our shower a bit nippy tonight.

Another lovely night otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment