Tuesday 29 October 2019

Sat, 26th Oct, 2019 Mum & Dad’s place, Cairns, Qld



Cloudy – lovely temperature for a sleep-in, though the noise of the birds wakes me up early. There is a bush chook (bush turkey) scratching and calling out near my window (the house is beside scrub and a hill) and the kookaburras have been laughing with all the recent rain. They have a nest across the road (have used it for years) and Mum has enjoyed watching them over the years going back and forward to a big gum tree. They must get grubs or sap from it as they visit it regularly.

I went to Deanne and Greg’s for a cuppa and chat. Steve rang while I was there. Doing well and finding a few bits of gold to pay for my flight home – he is missing me.

Had lunch with Mum and Dad then picked up Wendy so we could go shopping for a dress for Melbourne Cup. I got one and Wendy bought one too. We drove out to Andrea’s for a cuppa. Alan was home too which was great. Caught up on what’s been happening and heard more about Wendy’s trip. Wendy and I chose a fascinator to match our dresses from Andrea’s collection. Alan had hired Daniel to make a table for the deck out of stainless and he was very impressed with Dan’s workmanship. That made me very proud.

Home for dinner and movies with Mum and Dad.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment