Thursday 31 October 2019

Wed, 30th Oct, 2019 Mum & Dad’s place, Cairns, Qld



Overcast  with a nice cool breeze. I keep forgetting to check the temperature but I think it has been 29 and 20 overnight.

Erica rang so put her on loud speaker so Mum and Dad could chat too. All well down there but they are desperate for rain. Maybe I should visit and take the rain with me.

Met Yanneke at Earlville for a cuppa. She has 3 grandchildren now that she loves to bits.

Sandra met me there for lunch so we had a great time catching up too.

Louis rang to see if I was free so I met him for a cuppa at the Pier as he was doing a big job at the Convention Centre. Busy day chatting but it is great to be able to catch up with everyone.

More rain fell just before we left so it was dark and misty as I headed to Whitfield to visit Maralyn. She is nearly finished her radiation treatment for breast cancer and is upbeat about the outcome which is great. Marijke and Bart arrived back after their push-bike ride so we had a quick chat before I headed home for dinner.

Greg arrived so I whizzed down to the Chinese store and picked up Mum’s order – easy cooking night tonight. Played a couple of games of Skipbo, though Dad really struggles but it is nice to have him at the table with us even though Greg is playing his hand for him. Reminds us of all the games of Beanie and May I that we played every Sunday for many years.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment