Friday 18 October 2019

Wed, 16th Oct, 2019 Bob & Margaret’s place, Florida Beach, near Mandurah, WA (5 years 2 months on road)



I had a great night’s sleep. A bit nippy this morning – no thermometer but I think it was only 12 degrees or something!! Top of 20 degrees!!

I rang Mickey to tell her about my bus trip down as she was worried about the other ‘travellers’ but it was fine and the Vicks worked well!

Margaret and I went into Mandurah. She had to see the Optometrist. I tried ringing Mum but no answer so I rang Uncle John instead. We had a lovely chat and he and Jocelyn are still doing ok.

We went for a wander around the new big shopping centre and had a cuppa while we caught up on news. Our friends Linda and Kevin have bought a house in Bunbury and their grandson was just diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes which was very upsetting and he was gravely ill which was scary.

Back home for lunch with Bob. I rang Linda and we arranged to visit tomorrow as they are good friends with Bob and Margaret too.

My phone rang while we were having drinks and it was Steve. He said the phone reception just appeared so I gave me a call. He had called in at the pastoralists (Mickey’s friends told us to drop on them) and he was all good to be able to detect on the pending area on their station. Unfortunately when he got out of the truck when he was setting up camp he twisted his back and was in a lot of pain. My poor man. He was a good boy and took pain-killers and rested. Today he felt a bit better and went for a short walk with his detector but the pain came back so more rest is needed. I hope it goes away quickly for him – his end to detecting in WA isn’t turning out too good.

Dinner with Bob and Margaret while we watched TV. Cooling off a lot so hot shower and into bed at 9pm as I was quite tired.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment