Friday 18 October 2019

Tues, 15th Oct, 2019 Bush camp at The Granites, near Mt Magnet to Bob & Margaret’s place, Florida Beach, near Mandurah, WA (Steve to bush camp, north-west of Cue)



7.30am 20 degrees, clear sky and cold wind. Last breakfast with Stephen for a month. Hope he has some luck finding gold while I am away.

The film crew etc have all disappeared – even the signs are gone.

Back to the roadhouse for a cuppa before the bus arrives to take me to Perth. As we approached a wide load pilot vehicle came towards us but didn’t say what was coming. Luckily we heard her tell the truck behind us that it was 8.5m wide so Steve got off the road, unfortunately on an angle where if they had said it early we could have pulled off on flat land. The police car then arrived just in front of the wide load and he at least gave us a wave to say thanks for pulling off.

The bus arrived at 9.20 as we were having our cuppa so we took our cups and my bags over to wait as the bus wasn’t supposed to leave till 9.50. Chatted to the driver about where to sit – he said I was fine to sit at the front. He noticed my nugget earrings and asked if I bought them or found them. We then got chatting about detecting and he showed us his nice 1 oz nugget hanging around his neck. He detects around Cue and Mt Magnet so told Steve some spots etc. Said my farewell to Steve and got settled in. Nice comfortable seats and there weren’t too many on board.

The bus driver and I chatted all the way to Mullewa. This bus continued on to Geraldton so I had to get off and get another bus to Perth which turned up 5 minutes later. I rang Steve. He had continued up to Cue and had just fuelled up and had lunch. He will head to the pending area north-west of Cue. Not sure if he will have phone reception there so we arranged that he would drive out and ring me Friday if he doesn’t have reception where he camps.

Again there weren’t too many on board so I was able to sit by myself. There is a TV screen but I didn’t have earphones to listen to it and it was mainly kid movies. Read my book for a while and enjoyed the view as we passed through wheat and sheep country. There was no stop for lunch and I had forgotten my apples but I had some cookies and museli bars. At 3.30pm we stopped at Wongan Hills for a 25 minute break so I was able to buy a sandwich and coffee at the roadhouse which filled me up.

The sun was setting as we reached Northam and then we headed down towards East Perth. On time we arrived at the bus station at 7.50pm – long day but it was a good trip. I crossed over the footbridge to the railway line. I am glad I had jeans and jumper on as it is quite chilly. Two minutes later I caught the train into Perth City.

From there I had to walk to another platform underground to catch the train to Mandurah. Again I only had to wait 9 minutes for it which was great. I rang Margaret and arranged for her to pick me up at the rail station at Mandurah.

There was only a few people on the train and as we stopped at each station a few more got off till there was only 3 of us left to get off at Mandurah. I chatted with the guard about how to get back to Perth and to the airport when I leave on Sunday.

Margaret and Bob were waiting – so good to see them again. Back to their Florida Beach home and a nice plate of yummy stew and a coffee while we chatted. Margaret had left the flannelette sheets on for me as she knew I would feel the cold. Nice hot shower and into bed. Hope Steve is safe.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment