Friday 1 November 2019

Thurs, 31st Oct, 2019 Mum & Dad’s place, Cairns, Qld



Another cool overcast morning.

Saw our accountant and signed the tax returns. Another shower of rain fell on my way home.

Helped Mum shorten some pants into shorts and fix a couple of blouses.

Pete had emailed me Uncle Wally’s eulogy so I will get that printed for Mum. She read it off my computer. He and his three children all spoke so it would have been very moving.

I cleaned a few cupboards in the kitchen then caught up on my blog. Steve texted to say Bob and Margaret had arrived but they hadn’t found any gold yet.

Quiet afternoon reading while Mum and Dad snoozed. So many birds around here you would think you were in the middle of the bush except for the road noise coming up from the main road a few blocks away.

Drove to Pete and Marree’s place. First I drove down the close to check out our old house – doesn’t look any different other than the fence around the back. The garden needs work too.

Had a nice afternoon chatting. Pete gave me a huge pumpkin for Mum so I will make some yummy soup for them from it. Hayley and Jade had fun braiding my hair. Shame they are in school they could do my hair for Melbourne Cup. They are both growing into lovely young ladies.

Home for dinner and movies with Mum and Dad. It is lovely to be able to be with them both.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment