Thursday 7 November 2019

Tues, 5th Nov, 2019 Mum & Dad’s place, Cairns, Qld



A bit more sunshine this morning.

Headed to the Dept of Transport early to see about changing Dad’s licence to an Adult Identity Card. Unfortunately I was too early so I went for a walk along Trinity Wharf area. Very peaceful overlooking the inlet.

Got the paperwork for Dad then headed home for a cuppa with Mum and Dad.

Found some makeup and did my hair into a bun with Andrea’s fascinator to finish off my outfit for Melbourne Cup lunch with the ‘ladies’. It has been 5 years since we were together in Melbourne having a ball over Cup week.

Met them at Cazaly’s. Bought our sweepstake tickets and I caught up with heaps of people. There was a photographer there so we had a group photo then Wendy and I had one together. The photographer snapped our photo in the middle of making us laugh. Well we were having a good time – so glad it was a small photo, I didn’t realise how many wrinkles I had until I saw my picture on the TV screen he had there!!


A Queensland horse won which was very exciting, though I didn’t have it in the sweepstake. Wendy and I both had the 3rd placed horse so she went off to get our winnings. She came back with an envelope which said 2nd place and explained that there was a protest due to some pushing and shoving just as the horses passed the finish line and the 2nd placed horse was put back to forth so our horse moved up. I got $14 for my $2 bet and as I only spent $15 on my tickets I thought that was a pretty good day, only lost $1. Glad I didn’t have the 2nd placed horse!

Steve texted to see if I had a win on the horses. Getting hot there and no gold unfortunately.

Walked back to Wendy’s (across the road) and Dave drove me home. Cooked dinner then Valerie picked me up and we went to Susan and Ross’ for a cuppa. Not much cross-stitching happens any more. Chatted the evening away and Ross joined us to chat about caravans as they have ordered one.



No comments:

Post a Comment