Wednesday 13 November 2019

Tues, 12th Nov, 2019 Mum & Dad’s place, Cairns, Qld



Still needed to pull up the sheet in the early morning which is nice though the days have been warming up enough to put the fans on.

Rang Maralyn as I have run out of time to drive up to Yungaburra for a visit.

Karen popped in from over the back so we had a quick chat before I headed out. Will go over for a drink this afternoon.

Met Kerry and Brian at Earlville for a cuppa and caught up on what they have been doing.

Around to Rebecca’s for lunch as Clive had a lunch meeting. Chatted away until Clive came back then we chatted about all his hard work renovating the house.

Picked up some more groceries then headed home. Lorraine had rung this morning to say that Aldo had passed away after having a massive stroke. He was 94. It was so lovely to think we had seen him recently and that he has passed on without any suffering. Will be hard for Lorraine but she has wonderful children around her.

Popped over the back to Karen and Claude for a chat. As I was coming back Mum, Dad and baby Curlew were in the garage and didn’t want me to come near them. Lots of hissing but they went one side of the car and I went the other so I was able to get back inside. Grabbed my camera but it was a bit dark and when I waved my arm to get the sensor light to come on they rang around the other side of the car. I did get the baby and Mum is a blurr then I got the Mum and the baby is a blurr. Shame I didn’t get the Dad with his wings out.


Cooked dinner then Valerie picked me up to join Christine for a cuppa at Cazaly’s. Susan had rung to say she farewell as she had forgotten about a birthday dinner. On our way back Valerie and I spotted heaps of Curlews on our street – all making a racket as we drove by.



No comments:

Post a Comment