Thursday 14 November 2019

Wed, 13th Nov, 2019 Mum & Dad’s place, Cairns, Qld



Woke at 3am to Mum and Dad talking. Dad had tumbled out of bed and grazed his knee and opened up his eyebrow on his side cupboard. He had done the same just before I came home and ended up with a huge bruise on his cheek. We cleaned him up and I rearranged the cupboard then went back to bed.

After breakfast I padded the corners of the cupboard and shelves by Dad’s bedside. He didn’t want things moved  as he couldn’t see there was a problem – one of the issues of Dementia.

Pottered around the house doing a few bits and pieces and enjoying chatting with Mum. Dad has been watering his orchids every day which gets him wandering around so his knees must have seen some improvement from the plasma injection – just he can’t remember how it was to be able to say if he feels any difference.

After lunch I went to Kaylene’s for a cuppa then around to Daniel and Fran’s to say bye. Fran’s Mum, Valerie was there too. Jon was still at golf so rang him to say by. His new lounge room and lounge looks lovely. He is getting over renovating though. Jess was still at her new work which she is enjoying so she rang me back later to wish me a good flight home.

Greg came over for dinner then Mum, Greg and I played Skipbo – no mercy this time – I won the 2 games we played. Dad watched Andre Rieu concerts that Mum has taped – so we were entertained with wonderful music. Andre and his orchestra and singers are amazing and they are fabulous entertainers as well as musicians.

Last night here. I feel like I have been here for months and it was funny that when I arrived it didn’t feel that I had been away for over a year. Time just flows on. So glad to be able to spend time with Mum and Dad and help them out. Looking forward to being back next year for an extended time to be with them.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment