Sunday 17 November 2019

Thurs, 14th Nov, 2019 Mum & Dad’s place, Cairns, Qld to Tom & Sandy’s place, Thornlie, Perth, WA



Leisurely morning, washing my hair, the clothes then the car so everything is nice and clean for Mum and Dad.

Took Mum and Dad to The Doctors for Dad’s follow-up appointment after his plasma injections into his knees. He can see some improvement but feels Dad needs an injection into his hip to give him some more mobility. Will look into that later as it is all confusing to Dad now and as he isn’t in any pain we don’t see the need to confuse him more. Mum has her injections next week so we will see how she goes.

Packed my bags then after a cuppa and more chatting we headed down to Trinity Wharf to have photos with Katelin for her graduation from High School. She certainly looked like a princess. Greg scrubbed up well too. Matthew came up from Brisbane so the whole family was together. Tracy’s Mum, Helen was there too.







My wonderful Mum and Dad – love them so much.

I thought Steve might like this Thunderbird and I took this one for Chris and Mickey who love Combies.


Said farewell then drove out to the airport. A few tears as we hugged goodbye then Mum and Dad headed home. I went into the airport and changed into my jeans and sandshoes to lessen my hand luggage weight for the flight back. I was only 7.2kg and they don’t check you here like they did in Perth.

I got the middle seat this time in row 5 with a nice gentleman on the isle who was heading to Margaret River and an elderly lady on the window seat who had been visiting her son and family in Atherton. She was from Albany so we chatted for a while till we were airborne as she was quite nervous. I managed to get some sleep as we headed across Australia to Perth.

Landed on time and helped the lady out where her daughter was waiting for her. I found a taxi and headed to Tom & Sandy’s place at Thornlie. Nice cabby but he clicked on the wrong address and we ended up in the next suburb from Tom’s. He stopped the meter and reset the address so we got to Tom’s. At least I didn’t have to pay more for his ‘detour’.

As I went back 2 hours it was only 11pm rather than the 1pm of Cairns so Tom and I had a few glasses of wine and chatted. As I had slept on the plane I wasn’t feeling tired. I was to stay another day but Mickey had texted that they would be ready to leave tomorrow. Tom cooked us some chicken and made a salad which we had at 1pm then I hit the sack at 3pm. Sandy is in Geelong which was a shame but I will ring her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment