Tuesday 12 July 2022

Thurs, 23rd June, 2022 Bush camp by Pentecost River, Gibb River Road, WA

6.30am 20 degrees, breezy and clear sky.

Lots of vehicles heading out. Paul and Tracy headed off to El Questro.

Other vehicles arrived - stopped to ask how the fishing has been etc. One group has 5 vans so we suggested they go the other side where the Walshs were rather than trying to get down the track here.

I cooked some pikelets to have with my rosella jam for morning tea with Simon and Nat.

I have been catching up on my blog which is good. Steve went wandering for more firewood.

Walked down to the crossing in the afternoon. Lots of vehicles lining up for photos with the Cockburn Range in the background.

View upstream.


Downstream - there is another rocky crossing down there.

Got my feet wet going across - great view of the range.


More camps downstream.


Our camp spot.

A chap caught a little barra in his cast net which he let go again.

When we got back Simon was just pulling in a little barra on his gold bomber. Will have to change my lure. He went in to grow up a bit more.

The mullet got excited over the other side. I zoomed in and Mr Croc was just resting there.

Another lovely sunset.


Cooked dinner on the fire tonight. 8pm getting cooler but haven’t got my jumper on yet. Just as Steve got up to bring in the fishing line the little bells tingled and he caught a catfish! Oh well.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment