Thursday 21 July 2022

Thurs, 7th July, 2022 Bush camp near Adcock Gorge turn off, Gibb River Road, WA

6.am 8.4 degrees. 7.30am up to 16 degrees as the sun warmed up the camper.

Layday today - catch up on blog and relax. The other campers left though two left their vans here to do Adcock Gorge then returned later.

Windy but the sun is warm through the window as I wrote my blog and sorted the photos.

Steve collected firewood for BBQ steak and roast vegies. I decided I would try a damper too and found a recipe for an Easter Damper with spices and sultanas.

Lots of birds to listen too so there must be a bit of water nearby.

After lunch I prepared the damper and Steve got the fire going to make some coals. It was a bit wet so I added more flour and then hoped for the best.

Turned our perfect. Sorry about the blurred photos!



Invited Sue and Ashley, from Brisbane area, over to have some as more campers rolled in for the night. We chatted the afternoon away.

The blue-winged kookaburra came back and sang us a song tonight then flew off again.

Cooked dinner on the fire but ate inside as it has cooled off now with the evening breeze picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment