Thursday 5 March 2015

Thurs, 26th Feb, 2015 Green Point to Tall Timbers Hotel camp area, Smithton


I had a bad night with my throat. It didn’t help that it was cold then rain came and it got hot. Still raining at 6am. By 8am it was drizzly so Leanne & Rick decided not to do the cruise. I wanted to go back to Smithton to a doctor for my throat. We packed up and then the sun came out. Had a cuppa overlooking the lovely west coast. Drove back to Smithton and parked in the same spots at Tall Timbers Hotel camp area. 


We ducked into town and I got an appointment at the Medical Centre for 3.10pm. Back to the van for lunch and then worked on my blog. Back into town to see the Doc who was 50 minutes late. He just said it’s a virus but I suppose you want anti-biotics.  I said I just want something for the pain. At least he bulk billed as he didn’t have a good bed side manner.

Went next door to the chemist who was great. He explained that a red throat was virus, a white spotted one was bacteria. He also worked out and explained the best pain killers for me and gave me a throat spray rather than sucking lozenges. Back to the van and popped my pills. An hour later when we had nibbles the pain in my throat was so much better so the painkillers were working well.

Last drinks with Leanne and Rick as they head off tomorrow to see the last few things before catching the boat back to the mainland on the 9th. I helped them join up as V8 Volunteers and hopefully we will see them at Bathurst this year. We laughed as a young chap pulled up and wanted to know who the truck belonged to. He wanted to know about the intercooler, so off Steve went. He then took him for a drive, then they came back and went for a drive in his car. I think Steve should be on the payroll for the company. It certainly gets a lot of attention as we travel. We even had a guy come up beside us and give him the thumbs up and I thought he was saying I was good looking or something!!! But he liked Steve’s scoop!!!

Cool night 20 degrees.




No comments:

Post a Comment