Wednesday 20 July 2016

Mon, 18th July, 2016 Bush camp near Sandy Creek, east of Nullagine, WA


7am 10.4 degrees and lovely clear sky again. Just a light breeze.

The boys headed off to find new area to detect. I drove down to where Jeff found a very nice nugget a few years back. He also found a little one there the other day. Unfortunately all I found was a bullet and old tins!!

Then I headed back and took the rake up to Jeff’s patch and mine now too. 


I scraped all the rocks from around my ‘I found gold’ piles to see if I can get any more. So disappointing to get nothing for all my hard work. So glad we have our fly nets as they are getting very annoying now it is getting warmer. 



The boys came back and Steve found two little bits of quartz with a slither of gold hanging off each. Jeff only got one little nuglet.

The boys headed off to Mosquito Creek to scout out where to camp. I rang Mum and Dad and all is well there now which is a relief. They have been having a lovely time reminiscing with the Munce family.

Lovely warm day, at 3pm it was 29 degrees in the van with the windows open with only a light breeze. So nice to be back in singlet and shorts for the daytime. Still gets chilly at night. Went up the hill to do my uploads. Someone was burning off some spinifex in the distance – very naughty.

The boys were back. There are a heap of vans and detectors up there so I hope there is enough gold to go around too. A lot of people tend to keep coming back to the same spot each year with the newer detector and just keep going over their old patches. We will head up on Wednesday and there is some phone reception there so should be right.

This detecting lark is very tiring – so glad I prepared dinner earlier. Looked at the maps etc again while we had our drinks around the fire.

The moon is nearly full and lights up the sky but I did see a huge falling star – it was so bright as it burnt out.



No comments:

Post a Comment