Monday 18 July 2016

Sat, 16th July, 2016 Bush camp near Sandy Creek, east of Nullagine, WA


7am 8.7 degrees – heater on today. Clear sky but still windy.

23 months on the road.

Sent Steve Foster a text for his birthday.

Bit of a slow start to my gold collection with only one bit of lead shot to show for the morning!! I wandered up and down a few slopes but no luck. Jeff got 12 nice size nuggets off one slope so after he had finished I asked if I could go over it with the 2300. I got 2 by lunch then 4 more before smoko so I was happy. My biggest one was 0.37g. 



Jeff said if I get anymore to let him try his detector over it before I dig it up. Steve only got one little one.

Still windy but a lot warmer, 25 degrees in the van. I reached my 1 gram for the day so put my batteries on charge and went up the hill to do my blog upload etc. Got an email from Jetstar and they have changed our flight times by an hour which doesn’t worry us.

The boys kept detecting. Jeff got one more and Steve got 5 from a spot where I had dragged  my chain around the edge and the gold was in the middle!! He then got one more off Jeff’s patch giving him a total of 1.89grams for today. 



The wind has stopped so Steve went back to the creek and got some firewood. I dug out the pit then we put the detector over it, just in case there was gold hiding under there. Great to have a fire again. 


Beautiful clear night and I was still in my shorts – so nice by the fire but it didn’t take long to get chilly again.



No comments:

Post a Comment