Saturday 16 July 2016

Thurs, 14th July, 2016 Bush camp near Sandy Creek, E of Nullagine, WA


7am 10.5 degrees and clear sky but still very windy.

9am I am off to find gold!! Jeff had got some nuggets off the clear slope across from us so I headed there with my chain dragging behind me so I can work out where I have been.

Steve headed off over the hills and Jeff was just heading off when I found my first piece. Very exciting. It said ‘hello’ – that’s what I reckon the detector sounds like when it sweeps over the target.

Ran back to the van to get the camera. This is my first nugget with the new SDC 2300 detector – designed to find the small gold and easy to use. My snail trail leading to where I found my gold.




I continued on and found another smaller nuglet nearby then decided to go back to the van for a cuppa and to rest my arm – pain gets me in the shoulder blade from when I had the frozen shoulder so I will just take it slowly. The gold isn’t going anywhere!!

Steve came back for lunch asking how I went as to who has to make lunch!! He said he only got one but it was a good one so I had to make him lunch. It weighed 1.19grams.



Rang Mum and Dad to brag about my gold and see how she was. She had a wonderful night sleep and was feeling a lot better which is great news.

Back out after lunch and I found 6 more all near each other as I worked my way back and forward across the open area. When I picked up the detector after the last one a loud noise went off and the low battery signal came on so it was knock off time for me. We hadn’t charged the batteries since we picked it up at Leinster. I was happy with my haul - not bad for 2 and 1/2 hours of detecting. That gave me a total of 1.48grams for the day so we both passed our 1 gram/day goal.


25 degrees in the van so I opened up the vents to circulate some air. The sun is lovely and warm now so stripped down to t-shirt and shorts and thongs – heaven. I put the batteries on to charge – will take 6 or so hours and then put on a stew for dinner. Drove up onto the top of the rise so I could get better internet signal to upload my blog and put the photos of our nuggets on Facebook. Steve parked so I had the laptop in the shade so by the time I finished I was freezing again, as the wind is still very cold.

Steve didn’t find any more for the day – I was offering advice now that I am an “Expert”!!

Had a drink chatting with Jeff as he had gone off to find a mine he wants to detect around. Temperature dropped quickly as the sun disappeared and it is still too windy for a fire so we headed inside.

Rang Kaylene and Rick to brag about my gold – Rick was up the Palmer hopefully finding some himself. Had a great chat with Kaylene.



No comments:

Post a Comment