Monday 18 July 2016

Sun, 17th July, 2016 Bush camp near Sandy Creek, east of Nullagine, WA


7am 9.5 degrees, still put the heater on though it was nice outside as there wasn’t any wind to chill you.

I have got the gold bug so I was off detecting by 8am. Steve headed off in the truck to try and find some bigger nuggets. Jeff went for a wander and I headed to his patch. I slowly gridded it and got some targets which I put rocks around so Jeff could check them with his detector.  When he came back I called him up and he couldn’t get any signal with his machine over my target. I had two together so I dug them up and then found there were two more right beside each other so got 4 out of one spot which was right beside where he had dug some. At least I am not taking his gold as he can’t detect these ones. Each detector has its own special thing – mine is little bits in mineralised ground!!

I had another target so I let Jeff use my detector to dig it out. At least he has his first one for the day. He headed off in his car and I carried on. In the end I got 8 nuglets for 1.35 grams.


Steve came back with 4 nuglets (smaller than mine I might add) and a piece of quartz with the gold hanging off one end. 



Poor me, still have to do the domestic duties even though I am out slaving getting gold too!! I had put a silverside on a breakfast so we had that and salad for lunch then I put a lamb stew in the Ecopot. Not much family tree work getting done now I have gold fever!!

I headed up to Steve’s patch and got 5 more off that for 0.75 grams so 2.1 gram total for the day.

Steve got 1 more then he took my detector for a spin and came back with one from right beside my 4 in a row in Jeff’s patch!! Nobody gets it all. Jeff didn’t have any luck detecting so went for a drive up to Mosquito Creek where we will head to next.

Another lovely night by the fire then into the van to write up my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment