Tuesday 23 May 2017

Mon, 22nd May, 2017 Perth Airport, Perth to Malcolm Dam, near Leonora, WA


Had a coffee and did my blog etc as you can plug into power here at the airport. The last plane arrived from Melbourne and the new passengers were boarding at 1.30 so I headed downstairs to catch a cab. Was going to try Uber but it all seemed too hard so just walked out to the taxi rank. Bit chilly out here – 12 degrees and drizzly rain.

He dropped me at McDonalds near the East Perth Train Station. Only 3 staff but at least I am fairly safe in here. Ordered a coffee then started reading my book. Another chap came in with his suitcase so we chatted. He (he is called Diesel) is from Charters Towers and is visiting a friend in Albany so needs to catch the bus down. Passed the hours chatting and watching the comings and goings through the early hours. Two policemen came in for a snack so I ask them about getting down to the station and they said it was fine to walk. Diesel said he would walk down with me though his bus doesn’t leave till 9am. Another lady came in and we chatted though we gathered from what she said she was a bit down and out. Diesel went out for a smoke and she asked for a cigarette which was fine. Then outside she offered herself for $100 which he laughed and said ‘what out here in the cold!!’ I got some pancakes for breakfast. Went they came back in he gave me a nod and said we should be heading off!! 5.30am so we headed down the street. I had the map on my ‘smart phone’ – good for that sort of thing and we got to the station easy. The drizzle rain had stopped so we didn’t get wet. More people were inside waiting for the train which was good. Interesting ‘train’ on the wall.

At last on the train – had to have someone beside me this time but I went straight off to sleep. Noisy with everyone chatting but I got a bit of a sleep then my neighbour started bouncing his leg all the time so I found an empty chair and shifted spots. Low foggy cloud all the way out to Toodyay then it cleared up and sun was shining. Back to the flat open country – no more lovely hills of Cairns.

Finally I arrived at Kalgoorlie at 2pm and Steve was there with the camera ready. Boy it is great to be back with him again. 


Very very tired – can’t wait to hit the sack but we had some groceries to get for us and Kev & Linda. Into the truck at 5pm for the 2 hour drive up to Leonora. Chatted for a bit but I couldn’t keep my eyes open.

Said a quick hi to everyone. Kev had the shower water ready so after some yummy leftovers my darling had prepared I had my shower and it the sack.





No comments:

Post a Comment