Wednesday 17 May 2017

Sun, 14th May, 2017 Mum & Dad’s, Cairns, Qld (Mother’s Day)


Lovely morning though a few clouds coming over.

Gave Mum her ‘cool neck’ wrap I bought at Port Douglas Markets with lots of hugs and back scratches – for Dad too since I won’t be here for Father’s Day.

Showed Mum how to use the video chat through Facebook so we can chat face to face occasionally depending on my internet access.

Rang Erica for Mother’s Day – they just finished morning tea for their caravan rally and will be heading to Springsure looking for amethysts.

Mother’s Day is the same date as it was 28 years ago when I was due with Daniel today and we had lunch out at Palm Cove with Erica and Terry. I was big and had swollen ankles etc so I remember it well.

It has been so wonderful spending time with Mum and Dad again.

Drove out to the Mountain View Hotel at Little Mulgrave with Mum and Dad to join Jon, Dan and Jess with Jess’ mother, Heidi and her partner Troy. Jess and the boys gave us lovely flowers and chocolates. Lovely deck setting overlooking the Little Mulgrave River but unfortunately our table was getting a lot of sun and today it decided to be a hot day. Another table came up so we moved further into the shade.


Got Jess to take some photos for me. 

 Even managed a kiss from my boys!!

Jess is a sweetheart and she and Jon are very happy. 

  So nice to be home to be able to spoil Mum for Mother's Day too.


Placed our orders but it is a very ‘relaxed’ service here and I don’t think they were prepared to be so busy for Mother’s Day as we waited ages for lunch. In the end Jess & I were still waiting and Heidi had to chase them up so she got us all free drinks because of the wait. We had fun chatting and laughing so it was great to be able to meet Heidi and Troy and have time to chat.

At last we had all eaten so we drove around to where Jon and Jess are looking at another block as their first option mightn’t work out now. They will have ‘fun’ seeing the banks and exploring their options.

Leanne texted trying to find Steve to talk about batteries so I rang her back for a chat.


Easy dinner tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment