Tuesday 23 May 2017

Sun, 21st May, 2017 Mum & Dad’s, Cairns, Qld to Perth Airport, Perth, WA


Put the washing on though there are some clouds about but it should dry everything before I leave tonight.

Chat with Mum & Dad then over to Jon’s to help Jess sort out boxes and the spare room. Noel is still hanging out in the garden.

We did some painting of the hallway walls. Jon has nearly finished his renovations. Certainly has improved the little house. Been wonderful spending time with them and getting to know Jess. Managed to keep the tears under control as I said farewell!!

Home for a cuppa then wash my hair – got to make the use of the lovely hot water!! Gave them their early birthday presents.


Mum cooked Payella which I had early then Dan picked me up for the trip to the airport. Lots of tears as I said farewell to Mum and Dad.

More tears as I waved bye to Dan – do love my boys so much.

Had a cuppa then boarded. No flat tyres this trip so headed off on time. Nice view over the lights of Cairns as we headed towards Mt Isa, then over Alice, Ayres Rock then Kalgoorlie before landing in Perth. Pretty view landing there too with the sparkling lights. Luckily I had no one beside me so the young Netherlands girl on the aisle seat and I had plenty of room. Good flight – I think I got some sleep!! 5 hours passed pretty quickly. Arrived at 11.05pm Perth time.

Lots of people still in the airport lounge so decided to plug in my laptop and hang around here for a while to pass away the hours till I can catch the train at 7am.



No comments:

Post a Comment