Monday 22 May 2017

Sat, 20th May, 2017 Mum & Dad’s, Cairns, Qld (Cairns view)


Overcast morning but the blue sky is slowly appearing.

Dropped in on Val. Head cold has got her but she is doing ok.

Around to Jon’s where I sorted out some of my stuff in storage. Played with the dogs while I waited for Jon and Jess to come home. Jess and I went off to a café nearby for some lunch and left Jon finishing off the flooring he has laid. It has been lovely to be able to get to know Jess.

Drove up Copperlode Dam Road to the lookout to get some photos looking over Cairns and the Inlet out to Green Island etc.




Tried out the panorama button on the phone.

Walked up the road to the waterfall that flowed down to the creek behind our old house.


Then out to Kaylene’s for after a chat. Then we came back into town to where Rick and Jakob were working on their rental. Then I took Kaylene around to Jon and Dan’s places to say hi.

We decided to go to dinner at the Pier where Jess has a second job working in the bar there. Jakob came too but Emma was worn out from learning her new job. Lovely dinner overlooking the marina.

Even had a bagpiper play us a couple of tunes – didn’t have my camera so had to use the one in my phone!!

The fabulous display of ‘old Cairns’ was still on show from when I was here last year.



Kaylene and Rick came in for a chat with Mum and Dad then we said our farewells. One day left!! Holding back the tears!!

Rang Steve to make sure he got the right day to pick me up since I leave here on Sunday but don’t get to him till Monday afternoon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment