Monday 2 October 2017

Thurs, 28th Sept, 2017 Lake Mason camp, near Sandstone, WA


7.15am 12.5 degrees – it was 11 degrees at 5am. Am I going have to put the heater back on!! Clear sky, no wind.

Galahs are making a racket. Got two being ‘silly galahs’.


The boys went detecting while I finished cleaning – once I start I like to get it all done.

No gold so we decided to move on. It is a lovely day (26 degrees) though the breeze still has quite a nip to it. There are 10,000 less flies as I am constantly swatting them!! Every time you open the door on the van another 10 fly in!!

Put on my fly net and went to work cleaning the truck’s cab – boy was it full of red dust. We still have some more dirt roads but I feel better having given it a clean. We will pull the rest of the truck apart when we are back in Perth so we can sort out getting it ready for the trip across the Canning etc.

Got the fire going and chatted over drinks as the sun set then on with the jumpers and long pants again. Enjoyed our last ‘long’ hot shower – Steve thinks the shower room is great as there is a seat and room for two!!

Put the extra blanket back on the bed tonight as I was so cold last night even with the van all closed up.




No comments:

Post a Comment